Meetings will be accessible online. Please email email@example.com for details, or check the meeting page via “Browse meetings and agendas for this committee” link above.
For agendas and minutes of the Planning Sub-Committees A and B prior to May 2023, please click the following link:
Matters reserved for decision by the Planning Committee (Smaller Applications)
1. Consideration of the following categories of planning applications (including listed building consent, conservation area consent and advertising consent), where the development proposed involves the creation of 10-49 housing units or 1,000m2 - 3,500m2 of commercial floor space or a mixed use development with more than 1,000m2 - 3,500m2 of floor space, including applications for change of use, or where the application is clearly linked to another application which is to be considered by the planning committee (smaller applications), and also fulfils any of the following:
a) those which are significantly contrary to the provisions of the local development framework approved by the council for the purpose of development control, and which are recommended for approval.
b) those which are controversial, i.e. subject to 5 or more relevant objections (a “relevant objection” is defined as any objection except an objection which clearly does not raise any material planning considerations) except:
i) where in the opinion of the appropriate chief officer the objection can be overcome by the imposition of an appropriate condition, or
ii) where the application clearly complies with the relevant planning policies, in which case the decision may be taken by officers, or
iii) where the application is a straightforward refusal.
c) applications for the council’s own developments which are controversial, i.e. subject to 5 or more relevant objections (a “relevant objection” is defined as any objection except an objection which clearly does not raise any material planning considerations).
2. To consider applications for the development of metropolitan open land.
3. To consider the expenditure of funds over £100,000 secured through legal agreements under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, or any previous legislation.
4. To consider the confirmation of tree preservation orders which are the subject of a sustained objection (a “sustained objection” is defined as an objection that is maintained despite an attempt by officer to resolve it, or which officers consider incapable of resolution by negotiation).
5. To consider applications requested by two councillors to be determined by the planning committee (smaller applications), subject to the request being agreed by the chair of the planning committee in consultation with the appropriate chief officer.
Support officer: Beverley Olamijulo, Constitutional Officer.
Governance and Assurance
160 Tooley Street
PO Box 64529
Phone: 020 7525 7234
Web site: www.southwark.gov.uk