The report had not been circulated five clear days in advance of the meeting. The chair agreed to accept this item as urgent as presenting the report to cabinet on 17 January 2023 gave the opportunity for debate on the forecast outturn for 2022-23 prior consideration of the full capital programme refresh scheduled for council assembly in spring 2023.
1. That the virements and variations to the general fund and housing investment capital programme as detailed in Appendix C of the report and the new capital bids contained within the report and summarised in Appendix E of the report be approved.
2. That the significant funding requirement of £284m which needs to be identified for the general fund programme to be fully delivered over the remaining term of the programme, as detailed in Appendix A of the report be noted.
3. That the £2.7bn housing investment programme to be fully delivered over the remaining term of the programme, as detailed in Appendix B of the report be noted.
4. That the significant contribution the capital programme is making towards the objectives of the council’s climate change strategy (see paragraphs. 17-18, 80-82, 89-91,149 of the report) be noted.
5. That it be noted that future reports on asset management and the new homes programme will be received.