The purpose of the committee is:
1. To approve the council’s policies in respect of all licensing and registration matters except the licensing and gambling statements of policy.
2. To consider and determine applications in respect of the following:
· the grant, renewal, variation or transfer of any general safety certificate in respect of a sports stadium or regulated stands
· street trading and markets
· film classification
· any other licensing responsibilities of the authority created by statute and delegated to the committee.
3. To consider and determine the revocation of licences and registrations reserved to the licensing committee.
4. To consider the designation of new sites for street trading.
Licensing Sub Committees of three councillors consider licensing applications under the Licensing Act 2003, the Gambling Act 2005 and earlier legislation.
The licensing committee and licensing sub committees meet at the Council Offices at 160 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QH unless indicated otherwise.
Support officer: Andrew Weir.
160 Tooley Street
Phone: 020 7525 7222
Web site: http://www.southwark.gov.uk