Planning application number: 19/AP/2307
Redevelopment to provide a mixed use development comprising up to 219 residential dwellings (Use Class C3) and up to 2,986sqm (GIA) commercial workspace (Use Class B1) within two buildings of 5 storeys and 32 storeys with associated car and cycle parking, landscaping, and public realm and highways improvements.
The chair informed the meeting that planning committee had started hearing this item at its meeting on 8 September 2020 and had agreed to adjourn it to allow for further discussions to take place. In the intervening period, the annual council meeting on 16 September 2020 had agreed changes to the membership of this committee, so it had been decided that this application would be heard afresh.
The committee heard the officer’s introduction to the report and the addendum report.
Members of the committee asked questions of the officers.
There were no objectors wishing to address the meeting.
The applicant addressed the committee, and answered questions put by members of the committee.
There were no supporters living within 100 metres, or ward councillors, who wished to address the meeting.
Members of the committee asked further questions of officers and discussed the application.
At 8.25pm, Councillor Cleo Soanes informed the meeting that she was experiencing issues with the virtual meeting software, so the meeting adjourned until 8.35pm when the problem had been resolved.
Councillors continued discussing the application.
A motion to grant the application was moved, seconded put to the vote and declared carried.
1. That planning permission be granted, subject to:
· The recommended planning conditions as set out in the report and addendum report;
· The applicant entering into an appropriate legal agreement by no later than 8 February 2021;
· Referral to the Mayor of London;
2. That, in the event that the Section 106 Legal Agreement is not completed by 8 February 2021, the director of planning be authorised to refuse planning permission, if appropriate, for the reasons set out in paragraph 311 of the report.