Council assembly is asked to consider the recommendations of the constitutional steering panel in respect of the proposals set out in the report.
(See pages 50-77 of the main agenda)
Part 4: Rules – Protocol on key decisions
1. That the change to the protocol on key decisions to include gateway zero decisions, as described in paragraphs 14 and 15 of the report, be agreed.
Part 4: Rules – Contract standing orders
2. That the changes to the contract standing orders, as described in paragraph 16 to 18 of the report and set out in Appendix 1 of the report, be agreed.
Leader and cabinet member public question time
3. That in October 2016, a Leader and Cabinet Member Public Question Time (LCMPQT) event be held as a stand alone event, i.e. without a truncated council assembly meeting following the event, and that this becomes a fixed arrangement in the council calendar. A thematic approach would be adopted over the entire electoral cycle involving the leader and relevant cabinet members, depending on the theme for each event.
4. That subject to venue availability, the date for the October 2016 LCMPQT be confirmed and communicated to all councillors.
Revised schedule of council assembly / question time dates 2016/17
5. That as a result of the above recommendations relating to public question time events, the revised schedule of council assembly dates be agreed as set out in paragraph 27 of the report, including:
· An ordinary meeting of council assembly to be held on 22 March 2017.
· The annual meeting to be held on Saturday 13 May 2017 at Southwark Cathedral.
6. That the minor proposed changes to the constitution, as outlined in Appendix 2 of the report, be agreed.
7. That the proper constitutional officer be authorised to make any consequential changes as a result of the proposals set out in the report.