Planning application reference number 14/AP/3844
Report: see pages 117 to 226 of the agenda and the addendum report.
Proposal: Outline application for: demolition of existing buildings and phased redevelopment to provide a mixed use development over 18 development parcels comprising a number of buildings ranging between 2 to 20 storeys in height (12.45m - 68.85m AOD) with capacity for up to 2,745 residential units (Class C3), up to 2,500sqm of employment use (Class B1); up to 500sqm of retail space (Class A1); 3,100 to 4,750sqm of community use; medical centre and early years facility (Class D1); in addition to up to 3,000sqm flexible retail use (Class A1/A3/A4) or workspace use (Class B1); new landscaping; parks, public realm; energy centre; gas pressure reduction station; up to 1,070 car parking spaces; cycle parking; landscaping and associated works. The application is accompanied by an Environmental Statement pursuant to the Town and Country Planning Regulations (Environmental Impact Assessment) 2011.
The committee heard an officer’s introduction to the report and asked questions of the officer.
The committee heard a representation from objectors to the application and asked questions of the objectors
The applicant and their agents addressed the committee and answered questions arising from their submission.
The committee debated the application and asked questions of the officers.
A motion to grant planning permission was moved, seconded, put to the vote and declared granted as follows.
1. That planning permission was granted subject to conditions, the applicant entering into an appropriate legal agreement, and referral to the Mayor of London;
2. It was confirmed that the environmental information has been taken into account as required by Regulation 3(4) of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011;
3. That it was confirmed that, following issue of the planning decision, the Head of Development Management should place a statement on the Statutory Register pursuant to Regulation 24 of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011 which contains the information required by Regulation 21 and for the purposes of Regulation 24(1)(c) being the main reasons and considerations on which the 117 5. Planning Committee’s decision was based shall be set out as in the report.
4. In the event that the requirements of (a) are not met by July 312015 the Head of Development Management be authorised to refuse planning permission, if appropriate, for the reasons set out under paragraph 408.
5. That appendix 1 of the Homes & Communities Agency, Rent Standard Guidance 2015 is included in an any legal agreement between the Council and the applicant.