Application for outline planning permission for redevelopment of the
site to provide mixed use development (Reg. No. 12/AP/1092).
Planning application reference number 12/AP/1092
Report: See pages 186-195 of the agenda and addendum report pages 1-16.
Outline planning application for redevelopment to provide a mixed use development comprising a number of buildings ranging between 13.13m (AOD) and 104.8m (AOD) in height with capacity for between 2,300 (min) and 2,469 (max) residential units together with retail (Class A1-A5), business (Class B1), leisure and community (Class D2 and D1), energy centre (sui generis) uses. New landscaping, park and public realm, car parking, means of access and other associated works.
Items 6.1 and 6.2 were considered together.
The committee heard an introduction to the report on both items 6.1 and 6.2 from an officer during which members were informed about the various clarifications and amendments to the committee report stated in the addendum report.
Members asked questions of the officer.
Members heard a representation from spokespersons of the objectors to the application and asked questions.
The meeting was adjourned for 17 minutes for a short break at 9.13pm and was reconvened at 9.30pm.
The applicant made representations to the committee and answered members’ questions during which there was a general disturbance. The chair adjourned the meeting at 10.10pm to allow for order to be restored. The meeting was reconvened at 10.30pm.
Members debated the application and asked questions of the officers.
A motion to grant planning permission was moved, seconded, put to the vote and declared to be carried.
That in reference to application number 12/AP/1092 planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. That planning permission is granted subject to conditions, the applicant entering into an appropriate legal agreement, and referral to the Mayor of London.
2. That it is confirmed that the environmental information has been taken into account as required by Regulation 3(4) of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011.
3. That it is confirmed that, following issue of the planning decision, the head of development management should place a statement on the statutory register pursuant to Regulation 24 of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011 which contains the information required by Regulation 21 and for the purposes of Regulation 24(1)(c) being the main reasons and considerations on which the planning committee’s decision was based shall be set out as in the report.
4. The conditions as stated in the committee report and as amended in the addendum report.
5. The conditions as stated in the amended draft decision notice.