8 Housing Revenue Account - Final Rent-Setting and Budget Report 2022-23
To agree recommendations associated with the housing revenue account rent setting and budget for 2022 - 2023.
1. That a rent increase of 4.1% for all directly and tenant managed (TMO) housing stock within the housing revenue account (HRA) (including estate voids, sheltered housing and any residual hostels) with effect from 4 April 2022 be agreed. This is the maximum permitted under the Rent Standard 2020.
2. With regard to other HRA - wide charges, that tenant service charges, comprising estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, communal lighting and door entry maintenance be increased as set out in paragraphs 26 to 28 of the report be agreed with effect from 4 April 2022.
3. That the proposed changes to sheltered housing service charges as set out in paragraphs 29 and 30 of the report with effect from 4 April 2022 be agreed.
4. That changes to charges for garages and other non-residential facilities as set out in paragraphs 31 and 32 of the report with effect from 4 April 2022 be agreed.
5. That the changes to district heating and hot water charges as set out in paragraphs 33 to 39 of the report with effect from 4 April 2022 be agreed.
6. That a pilot project to explore ways in which additional pandemic-driven support may be provided be established as set out in paragraphs 45 and 46 of the report.
7. That the HRA budget proposals set out in the report be agreed and it be noted that these changes ensure a balanced budget is set as required by statute.
8. That the commitments made in December 2021 to ensure that savings made are primarily based on efficiencies be reaffirmed, and where staffing reductions form part of any said savings, that due consultation and process is followed with trade unions.