19 Aylesbury Regeneration Programme: Delivery of New Council Homes on the First Development Site
To approve in principle arrangements set out in this report for the delivery of 581 new council homes on the first development site at the Aylesbury Estate.
Cabinet heard representations from the Creation Trust in respect of this item, who welcomed the proposals for good quality and affordable homes for local residents and homeowners.
1. That the in principle the arrangements set out in the report for the delivery of 581 new council homes on the First Development Site at the Aylesbury Estate be approved.
2. That in the next capital refresh report to cabinet, funding of £138.5m be allocated from the council’s housing revenue account towards the cost of the new homes delivery and £6m from the general fund towards the cost of the community facilities in lieu of the infrastructure contribution foregone.
3. That authority be delegated to the strategic director of housing and modernisation, in consultation with the strategic director of finance and governance and director of regeneration, to approve the detailed land transfer arrangements in line with the principles set out in the report.
4. That it be noted that a local lettings policy will be developed for the new homes at the first development site (FDS) as set out in this report at paragraphs 27 to 30 of the report to be approved by the cabinet member for housing management and modernisation.
5. That it be noted that a further report on phasing and rehousing implications will be brought to cabinet later this year.