11 Aylesbury Estate: Approved Premises Facility (APF) delivery
To note the content of the update report and progress towards obtaining vacant possession of the site and the overall progress on the delivery of the project.
1. That it be noted that on 31 October 2017 cabinet resolved to make a compulsory purchase order under section 226 (1)(a) of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 for all land and rights within the area of land identified within the plan at Appendix 1 of the report.
2. That the content of this update report on progress towards obtaining vacant possession of the site be noted and in particular that:
· The council has updated its leaseholder assistance policy enabling qualifying residential leaseholders to purchase under improved shared equity or equity loan terms
· The council has completed the acquisition of one leasehold property
· Terms have been agreed for the acquisition of one further leasehold interest underway
· Just two third party interests in the site, one leasehold and one freehold, remain to be acquired
· All remaining owners have received further revised financial offers for the acquisition of their properties since the cabinet resolution to the use of compulsory purchase order (CPO) powers
· While officers will continue to engage with all remaining property owners to attempt to buy back those properties by agreement, the council will now proceed to make a compulsory purchase order.
3. That the overall progress on the delivery of the project be noted:
· A detailed tender process for a principal contractor for the construction of the new approved premises facility (APF) has been completed and a preferred contractor has now been appointed
· The main construction contract has now been entered into and practical completion of the new APF is programmed for Spring 2020.