5 Senior Management Restructure
1. That the transfer of the following services and associated budgets within the existing departmental structures of the council be agreed:
· Rent collection, service charge collection, former tenant arrears and all other income functions to strategic director of finance and governance
· electoral services and land charges to strategic director of finance and governance
· modernise (encompassing IT, human resources (HR), corporate facilities management and modernise) to strategic director of housing and modernisation
· safeguarding partnerships to strategic director of children’s and adults’ services
· public health to strategic director of children’s and adults’ services
· adult learning to strategic director of children’s and adults’ services
· Southwark building services to strategic director of environment and leisure
· play service to strategic director of environment and leisure.
2. That the following chief officer roles be renamed as follows:
· strategic director of housing and community services to strategic director of housing and modernisation
· strategic director of finance and corporate services to strategic director of finance and governance.
3. That the following senior officer roles be created:
· director of environment
· director of leisure
· director of resident services
· director of asset management
· director of modernisation
· director of exchequer
And that the following officer roles be renamed:
· deputy finance director to director of finance
· head of community engagement to director of communities
· director of legal services to director of law and democracy.
4. That the statutory function of the electoral registration officer be transferred to the strategic director of finance and governance.
5. That the deletion of the following JNC officer roles as a result of the enhanced voluntary redundancy scheme be noted:
· head of public realm
· HR director
· director of corporate strategy
· director of strategy and commissioning.
6. That it be noted that any further deletion of senior JNC officer roles will be undertaken in accordance with the appropriate council HR procedures.
7. That it be noted that all chief officer posts are contractually interchangeable, therefore placement of function and post holders otherwise is delegated to the head of paid service in accordance with the council’s policies and procedures.
8. That it be noted that the reorganisation and associated consultation process will be undertaken in accordance with the council’s HR procedure for reorganisation, redeployment and redundancy.
9. That the implementation of the transfer of services and associated senior management structure changes be delegated to the chief executive.
23 Senior Management Restructure
Cabinet adjourned their consideration of this item to a cabinet meeting to be held on Tuesday 28 July 2015 at 4.00pm.