Decision Maker: Strategic Director, Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval for variation for cost increase.
That the Strategic Director of Housing:
1. Formalises his approval of the variation to the Temporary Accommodation Contract 1, refurbishment/conversion contract with Niblock (Builders) Limited (Niblock), varying the contract sum from £2,086,229 to £2,647,251, an increase of £561,022.
2. Approves a variation to the contingency for the above contract, increasing the contingency from £104,311 to £132,363, an increase of £28,052.
3. Notes the increase to estimated on-costs, including a 4% development allowance associated with the contract, as a result of the above requested approvals from £371,138 to £403,065 an increase of £31,927.
4. Notes the increase of the total scheme costs from £2,561,678 to £3,182,679 resulting to a total scheme variation of £621,001.
5. Notes that this report was considered at the Departmental Contract Review Board (DCRB) in July 2022 but was not sent for approval until May 2023.
Publication date: 23/05/2023
Date of decision: 23/05/2023
Date comes into force if not called in: 01/06/2023
Call-in deadline date: 31/05/2023
Current call-in Count: 0