Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Council Homes and Homelessness
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Revisions to the existing homelessness policies to increase access to affordable and suitable accommodation.
That it be agreed to publish and implement the following change to homelessness policy:
1. The revised Accommodation Procurement Policy for Homeless Households (Appendix 1).
2. The revised Private Rented Sector Offers Policy for Homeless Households (Appendix 2).
3. The revised Temporary accommodation lettings framework (Appendix 3).
That the following be noted:
4. That an annual temporary accommodation (TA) scrutiny report be produced.
5. That the Southwark Good Homes Standard (for homeless households) (Appendix 6) was approved and implemented by the Leader at Cabinet on 9 March 2021.
6. That Cabinet notes homeless households in temporary accommodation placed outside of the borough will retain their rights to bid for Southwark’s permanent social housing.
Publication date: 08/10/2021
Date of decision: 07/10/2021
Effective from: 16/10/2021