Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve a refresh to the 2016 Asset Management Strategy taking into account new Council priorities such as carbon neutrality and the impact of Grenfell To approve the draft framewowrk and direction for the new asset management strategy taking into account the equality impact assement of draft proposals
1. That the broad framework for a future asset management strategy (‘The Plan’) that is driven by the council’s commitment to tackling inequality and to keeping people safe in homes that are well maintained and cared for be agreed.
2. That a full strategy be developed adhering to the principles and priorities set out in the report to be presented to the council’s cabinet in summer 2022.
3. That the proposal and approach set out in the report to undertake further work to achieve a balanced approach to Climate Emergency commitments be approved.
4. That a more detailed analysis of inequality in Southwark is required to be undertaken in relation to investment and asset management of our homes.
5. That the commitment in the report to deliver services that provide safer and secure homes following the legislative changes introduced and upcoming since the last asset management strategy in 2016 be noted.
Report author: Michael Scorer
Publication date: 15/09/2021
Date of decision: 14/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/09/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/09/2021