Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the heads of terms as a basis for negotiating a contract for the provision of a renewable energy heat network from SELCHP
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That approval be given in principal to the award of the Southwark Heat Network Contract to Veolia Environmental Services Southwark Ltd (VESS) on the basis of the heads of terms set out in paragraph 11 of the report and paragraph 9 of the closed report. There is no additional cost to the Council but the contract is for the long-term purchase of heat from VESS (replacing the cost of purchase of gas and boiler maintenance). There is no capital cost to the Council. The financial value of the contract is contained in the closed version of the report.
2. That the contract commence in September 2012 and expire in 2033.
3. That the supply of heat commence in late 2013.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
4. That authority be delegated to the cabinet member for transport, environment and recycling to finalise the outstanding points on the heads of terms, on the advice of the finance director and the strategic director for environment and leisure.
5. That authority be delegated to the cabinet member for transport, environment and recycling to agree the contract, on the advice of the finance director and the strategic director for environment and leisure.
Report author: Gill Davies
Publication date: 16/05/2012
Date of decision: 15/05/2012
Decided at meeting: 15/05/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/05/2012