Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Climate Emergency, Clean Air and Streets
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Traffic Management Order for public realm and highways works
1. That the proposed changes in two key areas along Camberwell Station Road be approved. These will support key objectives as set out in the GLA Good Growth Fund bid which are to:
· to support active travel
· improve air quality
· support links to nearby centre and green spaces
· promote local identity, history and culture through the public realm.
2. That officers be instructed to proceed with the making of a permanent Traffic Management Order (“TMO”) to implement the proposals which fully support the council’s Streets for People aspirations, and will be subject to the necessary statutory procedures and minor changes resulting from the detailed design process. Outline design drawings of the proposal are contained in Appendix 1 of the report.
3. That it be noted that a further report will be brought to the cabinet member should there be any unresolved objections to the proposed improvements at the end of the statutory period.
Publication date: 15/09/2023
Date of decision: 15/09/2023
Effective from: 23/09/2023