Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Homes, Communities & Finance
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve grant payments
1. That the following payments from the resident involvement fund be approved:
2. £114,000 grant funding to the Southwark Group of Tenant Management Organisations (SGTO). This comprises an amount of £57,000 for Quarter 1 (April-June 2023) and £57,000 for Quarter 2 (July-September 2023).
3. The payment of £40,000 paid to 8 tenants and residents associations (TRAs) to set up the 2022 Christmas warm hubs. The hubs were set up to provide hot food during the winter months to support residents to cope with the rising cost of living, address the challenges of loneliness, improve the physical and mental well-being of residents.
4. The Christmas small grants payment of £3,300 to 11 sheltered housing units which enabled residents to put on social events in December 2022 to foster good relationships between residents, promote community cohesion and improve the well-being of residents.
5. The current GIG applications to the value of £66,054 from 13 TRAs, 1 TMO and 1 sheltered unit to provide a range of community cohesion, health and well-being activities over the 2023 summer months. These applications have been outstanding since February 2023.
Publication date: 06/09/2023
Date of decision: 05/09/2023
Effective from: 14/09/2023