Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Procurement Strategy Approval
1. That the procurement strategy outlined in the report to undertake a restricted tender procedure for four voids and temporary accommodation voids contracts be approved:
· Contract A - Bermondsey, Rotherhithe and Borough and Bankside at an estimated annual cost of £2.95m
· Contract B - Peckham and Nunhead at an estimated annual cost of £2.95m
· Contract C - Camberwell and Dulwich at an estimated annual cost of £2.95m and
· Contract D - Walworth and temporary accommodation out of Southwark at an estimated annual cost of £2.95m.
for a period of three years from September 2023 (£35.4m) with the option to extend up to a further two years (in increments at the council’s sole discretion subject to performance) making an estimated total contract value of £59m.
2. That it be noted that asset management is required to prepare and present a detailed in-house strategy for the future services in the spring of 2023.
3. That it be noted that the procurement strategy in the report will result in bidders being required to bid as backup to each other on their tendered rates to ensure an efficient service delivery.
4. That it be noted that as the repairs improvement plan progresses and is embedded in a dedicated in-house voids team will be set up to deliver high quality voids by Southwark repairs consisting of operatives and managers within three years as further detailed in paragraph 16 of the report.
5. That authority be delegated to the strategic director of housing and modernisation to approve the gateway 2 report for four voids and temporary accommodation voids works contracts for the reasons outlined in paragraph 43 of the report.
Report author: Michael Scorer
Publication date: 18/01/2023
Date of decision: 17/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 17/01/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 26/01/2023