Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve a further budget for leaseholder acquisitions
It was not possible to circulate the report five clear days in advance of the meeting. The chair agreed to consider this item urgently as it was the intention of both parties to conclude the variation agreement shortly. The details set out in the report including the financial implications need to be formally agreed by cabinet in advance of the legal documents being completed.
1. That the expenditure of a further £29.8m on acquisitions in future phases of the Aylesbury Estate programme be approved.
2. That the contractual and leasehold acquisition variations to the original project budget for the Aylesbury Estate programme of £13.32m be approved.
3. That the expenditure of £165,000 as discretionary payments to council tenants from later phases of the Aylesbury programme moving to new homes on Plot 18 be approved.
4. That authority to negotiate and approve a further variation of the development partnership agreement with NottingHill Genesis be delegated to the strategic director of housing and modernisation in consultation with the strategic director of finance and governance, the leader and relevant cabinet members and to conclude that variation.
5. That the variations to the housing investment programme as set out in the closed report to accommodate the financial implications of this proposed development partnership agreement (DPA) variation be approved.
6. That it be noted that a report will be presented to a future cabinet meeting on the revised way forward for rebuilding the Aylesbury estate, to provide more council homes and to make the estate greener, working hand in hand with Aylesbury estate residents.
NOTE: In accordance with the provisions of Rule 20 Access to Information rules (decisions for urgent implementation), the chair of overview and scrutiny committee has agreed that this item may be treated as a matter of urgency and is therefore not subject to call-in).
Report author: Eleanor Kelly
Publication date: 19/01/2022
Date of decision: 18/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 18/01/2022 - Cabinet