Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Environment and the Public Realm
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To agree additional proposed non-statutory fees and charges for 2015/16 in relation to the Council’s bulky waste collection service and charges for South Dock Marina.
Note: Overview and scrutiny committee on 17 September 2015 considered the call-in of the decision and the committee resolved that its recommendations be formally referred to the Cabinet Member for Environment and the Public Realm for consideration.
1. That the original decision be implemented for this financial year to meet the savings set out in the Council’s budget and to enable the monthly berth holders to see an immediate reduction in fees, but in addition officers plan 4 meetings with the berth holders association between now and 30 January 2016 to review the proposals for the following years including the review of cost plus model.
2. That the impact of the decision on bulk waste collection charges on fly tipping levels in the borough be closely monitored and urgently reviewed should fly tipping significantly increase.
3. That officers bring a report back to the cabinet member within 3 months in regards to giving exemption or offering a number of collections free of charge to the poorest and most vulnerable residents.
4. That alternative charge arrangements be considered for landlords who regularly remove bulky waste at the end of student tenancies.
5. That the responses in relation to the overview and scrutiny recommendations as set out in the ‘reasons for decision’ section of the record of decision be noted.
Publication date: 02/10/2015
Date of decision: 02/10/2015