Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Update paper including financial appraisal; procurement strategy update and resident engagement plan
Councillor Stephanie Cryan, cabinet member for council homes and homelessness read a statement from the Ledbury Residents Project Working group in respect of the report.
1. That a variation to the housing investment programme for funding of £149.58 million to enter into a works contract following approval of a contractor appointment be approved.
2. That a variation to the housing investment programme for funding of £19.16 million of on costs required to take the project to practical completion be approved.
3. That the project progress since the July cabinet paper along with progress of related processes be noted.
4. That the ongoing engagement with the local community be noted and all residents, and in particular the Resident Project Group, be thanked for their contribution.
5. That the intention to deliver a greater number of council rent homes as part of sub-phase 2 of the redevelopment be noted.
6. That the delivery programme, financial implications and associated risks of the project be noted.
7. That approval and appointment of a contractor will be carried out via the council’s constitutional process of gateway 2 process in summer 2022 to enable commencement of works by September 2022 be noted.
8. That the procurement update be noted.
Report author: Michael Scorer
Publication date: 08/12/2021
Date of decision: 07/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/12/2021