Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Strategy for insourcing for the councils Leisure Services
1. That the plan to bring the leisure service back in house following the recommendation of the GW0 report in March 2021 be approved.
2. That the immediate resource required to bring the service in house from June 2023 and the detailed delivery plan set out at Appendix 1 of the report be approved.
3. That the one off mobilisation costs covering the whole mobilisation period necessary to insource the leisure service, estimated to be £2.4m be approved and that the strategic director for finance and governance be asked to make the financial provision from earmarked reserves.
4. That the work that has been completed so far on the preferred option to insource the leisure service when the current contract with Sport and Leisure Management Limited (operating as Everyone Active) ends in June 2023 be noted.
5. That the associated benefits and risks of insourcing the leisure service as detailed in paragraphs 68-77 of the report and the mitigation measures be noted.
6. That it be noted that a progress report will be bought back to cabinet in spring 2022 updating on progress with the delivery of the project plan and management of the risks identified in the report.
7. That authority be delegated to the strategic director of environment and leisure, in consultation with the strategic director of finance and governance, the cabinet member for equalities, neighbourhood and leisure, the cabinet member for finance, performance and democracy and cabinet member for transport, parks and sport to approve operational and resourcing decisions in the lead up to insourcing the leisure service provided that they are consistent with the principles set out in the report.
Report author: Caroline Bruce
Publication date: 15/09/2021
Date of decision: 14/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/09/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/09/2021