Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note progress to date on bringing forward new community facilities at Plot 18, to confirm the use of CPO powers and to approve the appropriation of land.
1. That it be noted on 31 October 2017 that cabinet resolved to make a compulsory purchase order (CPO) under section 226 (1)(a) of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 for all land and rights within the area of land identified within the plan at Appendix 1 of the report.
2. That the content of the update report on progress towards obtaining vacant possession of the site be noted and in particular that:
· The council has updated its leaseholder assistance policy enabling qualifying residential leaseholders to purchase under improved shared equity or equity loan terms
· All remaining owners have received further revised financial offers for the acquisition of their properties since the cabinet resolution to the use of CPO powers
· Officers have met all remaining leaseholders jointly about the proposed acquisition of their homes
· While officers will continue to engage with all remaining property owners to attempt to buy back those properties by agreement, the council will now proceed to make a compulsory purchase order.
3. That the overall progress on the delivery of the project also be noted:
· Major enabling works contract comprising a package of site clearance and remediation and utilities diversions and connections has been let and is on site, reducing the risk for the main development works package
· A detailed tender process for a principal contractor for the main development works on Plot 18 is due to be commenced later this month.
4. That the area of council-owned land hatched black on the plan at Appendix 2 of the report be confirmed as no longer required for the purposes for which it is currently held and that the appropriation of the land to planning purposes to facilitate the carrying out of the development proposals for the area in accordance with section 226 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and section 122(1) of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended), subject to compliance with the advertisement requirements of section 122(2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 be approved.
5. That following completion of the appropriation at recommendation 4 above, the area of council-owned land hatched black on the plan at Appendix 2 of the report be confirmed as no longer required for planning purposes and that the appropriation of the land to housing purposes in accordance with section 9 of the Housing Act 1985 and section 122(1) of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended), subject to compliance with the advertisement requirements of section 122(2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 be approved.
Report author: Eleanor Kelly
Publication date: 25/07/2018
Date of decision: 24/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 24/07/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 02/08/2018