Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the draft HRA budget and indicative rent increase
1. That a rent decrease of 1.0% for all directly and tenant managed (TMO) housing stock within the housing revenue account (HRA) (comprising estate voids, sheltered and hostels), with effect from 2 April 2018 be noted on a provisional basis. This is in accordance with the provisions of the Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016.
2. That with regard to other HRA-wide charges, the changes to tenant service charges, comprising estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, communal lighting and door entry maintenance as set out in paragraphs 37 –38 of the report, with effect from 2 April 2018 be noted on a provisional basis.
3. That it be noted on a provisional basis that there will be no increase to sheltered housing service charges as set out in paragraph 39 of the report, with effect from 2 April 2018.
4. That an increase of 3% (average) in charges for garages, stores, sheds and parking bays, as set out in paragraphs 40 – 42 of the report be noted on a provisional basis.
5. That it be noted on a provisional basis that there will be no increase to district heating and hot water charges as set out in paragraph 43 of the report, with effect from 2 April 2018.
6. That a commitment to ensuring that savings proposals are primarily based on efficiencies be reaffirmed, and that where staffing reductions form part of any savings proposal, that due consultation and process with trade unions be followed.
7. That officers be instructed to provide a final report on rent setting and the housing revenue account (HRA) budget for 2018-19 after due consultation processes with residents have been followed for consideration at cabinet on 23 January 2018.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 13/12/2017
Date of decision: 12/12/2017
Decided at meeting: 12/12/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/12/2017