Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the outcomes and implications of the local government funding position for the council and agree the MTFS and efficiency statement
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That the updated fairer future medium term financial strategy (FFMTFS) and integrated efficiency plan set out within the report (Appendix A) be approved, noting the importance of the relationship to the council plan and the new theme to be fit for the future.
2. That it be noted the government has stated that those councils that chose not to accept the offer will be subject to the existing yearly process for determining the local government finance settlement and that allocations could be subject to additional reductions dependant on the fiscal climate and the need for the government to make further savings to reduce the deficit.
3. That it be agreed to accept the certainty offered by a four-year finance settlement in line with the Local Government Finance Final Settlement in February 2016 for 2016-17 and for the next three years.
4. That the continued uncertainty with regard to elements of government funding, price and demand pressures and the need to ensure that budgets set each year are sustainable during the settlement period to 2019-20 and beyond be noted.
5. That the update to the policy and resources strategy 2017-18 - 2019-20, the risks associated and next steps to be taken to balance the council’s budget over that period be noted.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
6. That the details of the final submission and publication of the integrated efficiency plan to government by 14 October 2016 be delegated to the cabinet member for finance, modernisation and performance.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 21/09/2016
Date of decision: 20/09/2016
Decided at meeting: 20/09/2016 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/09/2016