Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the appointment of a development partner – Southwark regeneration in partnership
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That subject to securing the funding requirement noted in paragraph 4 of the recommendations, the award of the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme (SRPP) Lot B to Affinity Sutton Homes Ltd to deliver 606 new homes (of which 284 will be council owned), 4,132m2 of commercial space/community facilities that will be retained by the council and associated infrastructure through the Greater London Authority’s London Development Panel Development Agreement be approved. The contract shall be for a period of 10 years commencing on 31 October 2016 and completing on 30 October 2026, at a total development cost around £153m with a subsidy by the council of £11.507m along with land and ancillary costs detailed in the closed report.
2. That that the procurement for Lot A will be repackaged and re-procured as detailed in paragraphs 32-34 of the report which will be approved in separate gateway reports be noted.
3. That the allocation of £7.84m of Housing Zone grant to the SRPP sites within the Old Kent Road/Peckham and the Canada Water housing zones be approved.
4. That it be noted that the SRPP will be seeking additional funding of £11.507m from the S106 affordable housing fund to meet the contract investment requirement.
5. That subject to securing the funding requirement noted in paragraph 4 of the recommendations and subject to any further negotiations considered necessary by the director of regeneration, the disposal of the council’s land as listed in Table 2 in the report (Lot B sites) on the terms of the development agreement to be entered into pursuant to the contract being awarded be approved.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
6. That authority be delegated to the cabinet member for regeneration and new homes to identify sites with appropriate use and tenure requirements for the re-packaging and the re-procurement of Lot A from the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme [Gateway 1 - Procurement Strategy]; with the exception of the South Dock Marina Boatyard site.
Report author: Eleanor Kelly
Publication date: 21/09/2016
Date of decision: 20/09/2016
Decided at meeting: 20/09/2016 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/09/2016