The role and purpose of the Safer Neighbourhood Board is:
· to ensure communities are more closely involved in crime reduction and prevention.
· to have a broad remit to reflect M.O.P.A.C’s (Mayor Office for Policing and Crime) broader responsibilities.
· to have greater reach in community involvement.
· to achieve greater coherence between different engagement mechanisms.
· to make more efficient use of resources to deliver value for money and target funds at tackling issues of local concern and crime prevention.