To deliver regeneration which benefits our communities. To facilitate the sustainable regeneration of Southwark’s communities in partnership with local residents and businesses.
To lead on the delivery of strategic transport projects necessary for the delivery of regeneration in the borough such as the delivery of the Bakerloo Line.
To deliver on Southwark’s commitment to build more homes of every kind including 11,000 new council homes.
The cabinet member will have particular responsibility for:
· the council’s relationship with Transport for London;
· extension of the Bakerloo Line, with the leader;
· regeneration in the borough [all aspects of development control and planning in Rotherhithe (Canada Water), Bermondsey, Borough & Bankside and Walworth (Elephant & Castle and Aylesbury Estate), Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead and Dulwich] including transport strategy in regeneration;
· community infrastructure levy and allocation of section 106 funds;
· development of the local development framework;
· planning policy and continuing improvements in planning performance;
· high street planning and with the cabinet member for public health, parks and leisure making high streets healthier;
· Delivery of 11,000 new council houses.