Cabinet reaffirmed their commitment to the living wage element of the council plan and its inclusion in this charter.
Decisions of the Cabinet:
1. That the Canada Water Social Regeneration Charter [CWSRC] attached as Appendix 1 to the report which includes the following five Canada Water Place Action Plan [CWPAP] emerging priorities be agreed:
· Mental health - outreach and raising awareness
· Projects for young people – ‘things to do’, tackling social isolation
· Estate programmes – ensuring the impact of regeneration reaches all
· Employment and Skills – training, apprenticeships, jobs for local people
· Supporting enterprise – capacity building for local traders.
2. That the effective update and review of the Canada Water Social Regeneration Charter and Canada Water Place Action Plan be facilitated.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
3. That that the future reviews and update be delegated to the cabinet member for social regeneration, great estates and new council homes.