Appendix H of this item which contained the results of consultation meetings between and 7 and 21 January 2019 was circulated separately.
1. That a rent decrease of 1.0% for all directly and tenant managed (TMO) housing stock within the housing revenue account (HRA) (including estate voids, sheltered and hostels) be agreed with effect from 1 April 2019. This is in accordance with the provisions of the Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016.
2. That with regard to other HRA-wide charges, tenant service charges, comprising estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, communal lighting and door entry maintenance be increased as set out in paragraph 18 of the report, with effect from 1 April 2019.
3. That no increase be made to sheltered housing service charges with effect from 1 April 2019, as set out in paragraph 19 of the report.
4. That charges for garages and other non-residential facilities with effect from 1 April 2019, be increased as set out in paragraphs 20 and 21 of the report.
5. That there be no increase to district heating and hot water charges with effect from 1 April 2019, as set out in paragraph 22 of the report.
6. That the HRA budget proposals set out in the report be agreed and it be noted that these changes ensure a balanced budget is set as required by statute.
7. That the commitments made in December 2018 be reaffirmed to ensure that savings made are primarily based on efficiencies, and that where staffing reductions form part of any said savings, due consultation and process is followed with trade unions.