1. That the schedule of discounts and exemptions in paragraph 13 of the report, which remains unchanged, with an exception for long-term empty dwellings effective from 1 April 2019-20 onwards be approved.
2. That it be noted that the council tax reduction scheme (CTRS) for both working and pensionable age claimants shall remain unchanged in 2019-20.
3. That the council tax base for 2019-20 be set at 103,662 (100,884 in 2018-19) band D equivalent dwellings.
4. That it be agreed that the assumed council tax collection level should remain at 97.20% for 2019-20 (97.20% in 2018-19) noting the risks outlined in paragraphs 26, 27 and 28 of the report.
5. That it be noted that the council tax base for 2019-20 for St. Mary Newington parish is set at 12,129 (11,936 in 2018-19) band D equivalent dwellings.
6. That it be noted that the council tax base for 2019-20 for St. Saviour’s parish is set at 1,259 (1,267 in 2018-19) band D equivalent dwellings.
7. That it be noted that:
· any minor and consequential amendments to the CTRS written policy are to remain delegated to the strategic director of finance and governance, in consultation with the monitoring officer.
· no changes were made to the council tax reduction scheme under the council’s section 151 officer’s (strategic director of finance and governance) authority during 2018-19 for 2019-20.
8. That it be noted that, as for 2018-19, the national non-domestic rates (NNDR1) return for 2019-20 showing the national non-domestic rates base will be signed off by the strategic director of finance and governance.
9. That the proposed extension of the current council tax section 13a policy covering discretionary relief* (refer to paragraph 18 of the report) be noted:
· to continue the council tax discretionary relief (0% to 100%) for young people leaving Southwark council's care aged 18 to 24 years, for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 (a second year for this scheme).
· to continue foster carers discretionary relief (0% to 100%), for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
(*Southwark Council Tax Section 13a (1)(c) policy for 2019-20)