To agree to enter into a development agreement with British Land and delegate to the director of regeneration and the director of law and democracy decisions associated with this agreement.
1. That the Council enter into the master development agreement for the site shown at Appendix 1 of the report with British Land on the basis outlined in the report.
2. That agreement be given to take a long lease of all of British Land’s freehold interests within the master development agreement area pursuant to s227 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 on the basis outlined in the report.
3. That authority be delegated to the director of regeneration to conclude by 31 May 2018 the legal documentation for the master development agreement and any other documents arising there from in a way that is consistent with the information in the body of the report.
4. That authority be delegated to the director of regeneration to enter into a CPO indemnity agreement.
5. That the masterplan summarised in Appendix 5 & 6 of the report which will provide the framework for the redevelopment of the area over the next 15 years be endorsed.
6. That final authority be delegated to the director of regeneration as landowner to agree the submission of the planning application consistent with the masterplan framework summarised in Appendix 5 and 6 of the report.
7. That it be confirmed that plot A2 is the preferred location for the new Canada Water leisure centre and the framework for taking forward the project as set out in paragraphs 52-58 of the report be endorsed.
8. That the four social regeneration themes outlined in paragraph 60 of the report be endorsed.
9. That officers be instructed to complete work on the social regeneration charter taking into account work undertaken as part of the Southwark conversation and report back to cabinet before the planning application is determined.