12 New Library and Heritage Centre for Walworth
To confirm pursuant to s120 of Local Government Act and s7 Public Libraries and Museum Act 1964 and subject to planning, the council takes a lease of ground floor accommodation on the land shown in the report.
1. That it be confirmed that pursuant to s120 Local Government Act 1972 and s7 Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964 and subject to planning matters set out in paragraphs 18 and 19 of the report being resolved, the council takes a lease of ground floor accommodation on the land shown edged red on the plan at Appendix A of the report.
2. That it be confirmed that the lease will be in accordance with the principal terms set out in full in paragraph 6 of the closed version of the report and substantially in paragraph 15 of the open report.
3. That authority be delegated to the director of regeneration to agree the details of the proposed lease.
4. That authority be delegated to the director of leisure to agree and commission the fit out specification and works to deliver a new library and heritage centre.
5. That a capital budget set out in the closed version of the report to fund the acquisition of the lease of the premises and its subsequently fit-out for library and heritage centre purposes be approved.