14 Cash Incentive Scheme 2015-16
To approve a number of decisions in relation to the council’s cash incentive scheme in 2015/16.
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That the following in relation to the council’s cash incentive scheme in 2015/16 be approved:
· The use of up to £2.25 million of central government funding awarded under the right to buy social mobility fund for the release of up to 75 tenanted units
· The funding allocation of up to £1.65 million agreed by the Housing Investment Board (HIB) on 14 May 2015 set out in the report in paragraphs 17 and 33 of the report
· The changes to the terms and operation of the scheme necessitated by right to buy social mobility funding detailed in paragraph 25 and table 4 of the report
· The revenue resource implications outlined in paragraphs 35 to 37 of the report be noted.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
2. That the future decision making on the continuation of the scheme with right to buy social mobility funding be delegated to the cabinet member for housing in accordance with paragraph 26 of the report.