Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval of principles governing the involvement of Styles House Tenant Management Organisation in bringing forward development proposals at Styles House/Southwark Underground Station and the arrangements for a land transfer to enable this to proceed.
1. That the undertakings set out in paragraphs 32 and 33 of the report given to the residents of Styles House that give its tenant management organisation the lead in respect of the residential element of the proposed development be noted.
2. That pursuant to s32 of the Housing Act 1985, that the land shown hatched red on the plan at Appendix A of the report be transferred to Transport for London provided that at the time of transfer that land is vacant and not subject to any housing tenancies.
3. That pursuant to s120 of the Local Government Act 1972 and s9 of the Housing Act 1985, the land shown hatched blue on the plan at Appendix A of the report be acquired from Transport for London provided that at the time of transfer that land is vacant and not subject to any leases, tenancies or licences.
4. That pursuant to s120 of the Local Government Act 1972 and s9 of the Housing Act 1985, the council be authorised to acquire the leasehold interests held by Transport for London in four dwellings in Styles House, the addresses of which are specified in the closed version of the report.
5. That the recommendations specified at 2 – 4 above be implemented at the same time and be contingent on each other.
6. That the terms agreed with Transport for London for the proposed land exchange set out substantially in paragraph 25 of the report and fully in paragraph 8 of the closed report be agreed.
7. That authority be delegated to the director of regeneration to agree the detailed land exchange agreement including if it is prudent to do so and in consultation with the cabinet member for social regeneration, great estates and new council homes any variation to the exchange boundaries.
Report author: Kevin Fenton
Publication date: 01/05/2019
Date of decision: 30/04/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/04/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/05/2019