Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Environment and the Public Realm
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the implementation of a new parking zone in the Thorburn Square area subject to the outcome of any necessary statutory procedures.
1. That the implementation of a new parking zone in the Thorburn Square area, operating Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.30pm, subject to the outcome of any necessary statutory procedures, at an estimated cost of £99,548.80 comprising of £80,000 for implementation works and £19,548.80 staff costs be approved.
2. That it be noted that statutory objections to the traffic order will be formally considered and determined before a decision is made to amend, if needed the new parking zone.
3. That the position and type of parking bays and restrictions for the new parking zone and surrounding streets as shown in the detailed design save for any minor amendments which may be required at the implementation stage as determined by officers (see Appendix 2 of the report) be approved.
4. That the inclusion, in line with the council’s draft kerbside policy and subject to feasibility, of a ‘parklet’, planting or cycle parking (see paragraph 19 and Appendix 2 of the report) be approved.
5. That increasing the shared mobility network, in line with the council’s draft kerbside policy, with the addition of four car club bays (Appendix 2 of the report) be approved.
6. That it be noted that at Achilles Close, Abacanthus Drive and Abercorn Way, the Notting Hill Housing Trust, managing the St James Place development, has stated that they “will introduce parking controls to the parking bays [they] own on the estate to coincide with Southwark's parking controls, but this will only work if parking controls are also introduced on the road” (Appendix 1 - Additional comments, and paragraph 15 of the report).
7. That it be noted that a parking zone review will take place approximately one year after implementation to assess the success of the zone, with subsequent amendments to be made as necessary.
Publication date: 26/03/2018
Date of decision: 26/03/2018
Effective from: 05/04/2018