Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Private rented sector discretionary licensing proposals for public consultation
1. That the approvals set out in the 7 April 2020 cabinet report, titled ‘Consultation on Proposals for the Private Rented Sector 2020 – 2026’, which includes recommendations relating to the proposed Gold Standard be rescinded.
2. That the public consultation on the proposals for changes to the Southwark’s mandatory licensing scheme be approved.
3. That the the public consultation on the council’s proposals for the additional licensing scheme in Southwark for 5 years from 2021-22 be approved.
4. That the public consultation on the council’s proposals for the selective licensing scheme to operate in Southwark for 5 years from 2021-22 be approved.
5. That the public consultation on the proposed Gold Standard Charter be approved.
6. That the financial commitment made from the London Devolution Reserve to support the development of a Renters’ Union be noted and that work be undertaken to allow a Renters’ Union to be established in Southwark in 2021.
7. That a Southwark private renters forum be formally constituted.
Report author: Caroline Bruce
Publication date: 20/01/2021
Date of decision: 19/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 19/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/01/2021