Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the HRA budget for 2021-22 and rent setting
1. That a rent increase of 1.5% for all directly and tenant managed (TMO) housing stock within the housing revenue account (HRA) (including estate voids, sheltered and hostels) be agreed with effect from 5 April 2021. This is the maximum permitted under the Rent Standard 2020.
2. That with regard to other HRA-wide charges, it be agreed that tenant service charges, comprising estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, communal lighting and door entry maintenance be increased as set out in paragraphs 16 and 17 of the report with effect from 5 April 2021.
3. That the the proposed changes to sheltered housing service charges as set out in paragraph 18 of the report be agreed with effect from 5 April 2021.
4. That the changes to charges for garages and other non-residential facilities as set out in paragraph 19 of the report be agreed with effect from 5 April 2021.
5. That there be no increase to district heating and hot water charges as set out in paragraph 20 of the report, with effect from 5 April 2021.
6. That the HRA budget proposals set out in the report be agreed and that it be noted that these changes ensure a balanced budget is set as required by statute.
7. That the commitments made last month December 2020 be reaffirmed to ensure that savings made are primarily based on efficiencies, and where staffing reductions form part of any said savings, that due consultation and process is followed with trade unions.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 20/01/2021
Date of decision: 19/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 19/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/01/2021