Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing Management and Modernisation
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the local traffic and parking amendments, for implementation subject to the outcome of any necessary statutory procedures.
That the following local traffic and parking amendments be approved for implementation subject to the outcome of any necessary statutory procedures:
· To implement estate parking scheme on Nunhead Estate.
· Blocks on Nunhead Estate to be included in the estate parking scheme are Creed House, Goodwin House, Tiling House, Glover House and Lancefield House.
· This shall consist of two separate parking schemes. One scheme will be for Creed, Goodwin and Tiling House and the other one will be for Glover and Lancefield House. Nunhead Lane shall be the boundary line for each estate parking scheme area. This will also provide additional protection for the residents on the estate for forthcoming control parking zones to be introduced shortly on highways across the borough.
· Upon approval, the next process will be to draft a Traffic Management Order, prepare the relevant TMO schedule, drawings and design to aid implementation of scheme, advertise the Traffic Management Order in line with statutory consultation procedure and carry out the estate markings and signs.
· It is anticipated that the scheme will go live around February 2020.
Publication date: 18/12/2019
Date of decision: 17/12/2019
Effective from: 04/01/2020