Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To set out the option to develop a scheme for introducing new water fountains throughout Southwark
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That the target to increase the number of water fountains within Southwark to a total of 50 by 2021-22 and to ensure each ward has provision of at least one water fountain be approved.
2. That the funding bid to Greater London Authority (GLA) and Thames Water Oneless scheme, which if successful will fund five of the new fountains be noted.
3. That the approach to identifying water fountain locations in Southwark be approved.
4. That the funding strategy set out the in report in respect of water fountains not delivered under GLA and Thames Water’s Oneless scheme be approved.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
5. That authority be delegated to the cabinet member for environment, transport management and air quality to approve the final approach and strategy of introducing water fountains throughout Southwark.
Report author: Ian Smith
Publication date: 13/03/2019
Date of decision: 12/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 12/03/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2019