Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for a public consultation on proposals for discretionary licensing and the Landlord’s Gold Standard Charter
1. That the public consultation on the proposals for changes to the Southwark’s mandatory licensing scheme be approved.
2. That the public consultation on the council’s proposals for the additional licensing scheme in Southwark for 5 years from 2021 be approved.
3. That the public consultation on the council’s proposals for the selective licensing scheme to operate in Southwark for 5 years from 2021 be approved.
4. That the public consultation on the proposed Gold Standard Charter be approved.
5. That the financial commitment made from the London Devolution Reserve to support the development of a renter’s union be noted and that work is undertaken to allow a renter’s union to open its doors in Southwark in 2021 to coincide with the new licensing schemes.
Report author: Caroline Bruce
Publication date: 09/04/2020
Date of decision: 07/04/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/04/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/04/2020