Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the set of baseline council commitments within the Great Estates Guarantee and Commitmens
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That approval be given to undertake consultation with residents on the set of baseline commitments within the Great Estates Guarantee as set out in paragraphs 16 - 43 and detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the report.
2. That the approach to introducing new secure growing spaces on estate land be noted; the adoption of a new allotment expansion guarantee and to keep a new estate-based allotment waiting list be approved.
3. That it be noted that the council’s asset management strategy will set out the approach to managing the external appearance of homes so that they are left clean and tidy, and any interventions respect the form and appearance of the building.
4. That it be noted a new lighting strategy will be delivered on one of the estate improvement pilots, learning from this pilot will be applied on other estates.
5. That it be noted that work is underway to develop a new waste infrastructure standard.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
6. That authority be delegated to the cabinet member for social regeneration, Great estates and new council homes to approve the Great Estates Guarantee following consultation.
Report author: Michael Scorer
Publication date: 09/04/2020
Date of decision: 07/04/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/04/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/04/2020