Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the HRA budget for 2020-21 and rent setting
Cabinet considered the results of the consultation as set out in Appendix F of the report. In respect of the concerns raised by the Tenant Council about garage charges for private sector renters, it was requested that these be reviewed as part the 2021-22 rent setting process.
1. That a rent increase of 2.7% for all directly and tenant managed (TMO) housing stock within the housing revenue account (HRA) (including estate voids, sheltered and hostels) with effect from 6 April 2020 be agreed. This is in accordance with the provisions of the Rent Standard 2020.
2. That with regard to other HRA-wide charges, the tenant service charges, comprising estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, communal lighting and door entry maintenance be increased as set out in paragraph 17 of the report with effect from 6 April 2020 .
3. That an increase of 2.7% be made to sheltered housing service charges as set out in paragraph 18 of the report with effect from 6 April 2020.
4. That charges for garages and other non-residential facilities be increased as set out in paragraph 19 of the report with effect from 6 April 2020.
5. That there be no increase to district heating and hot water charges as set out in paragraph 20 of the report with effect from 6 April 2020.
6. That the HRA budget proposals set out in the report be agreed and that it be noted that these changes to ensure a balanced budget is set as required by statute.
7. That the commitments made in December 2019 to ensure that savings made are primarily based on efficiencies be affirmed, and that where staffing reductions form part of any said savings, that due consultation and process is followed with trade unions.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 22/01/2020
Date of decision: 21/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 21/01/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/01/2020