Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the result of the options appraisal for Ledbury Estate and approve a recommendation on future action
1. That the results of the options appraisal carried out for the Ledbury Estate high rise blocks be noted.
2. That it be agreed that the four high rise blocks should be refurbished and that land immediately adjacent to those blocks be used to build new homes (option B in paragraph 26 of the report) in accordance with the council plan which guarantees development on council housing land have at least 50% council rented homes and ensure a right to return for council tenants and leaseholders so local people can stay in the borough they call home.
3. That the proposal to carry out the refurbishment of Bromyard proceed using the existing partnering contract and delegated approval process with Engie be noted and that the rest of the project proceed using existing frameworks or the partnering contract, the new contractor framework if in place, or a traditional procurement route, all activities to be run concurrently to ensure all homes can be provided as soon as possible.
4. That the decision not to charge leaseholders in the four tower blocks for their element of the cost of the refurbishment works be approved.
5. That the decision not to charge residents for the costs of the temporary heating and hot water communal systems to the four tower block residents be approved.
Report author: Michael Scorer
Publication date: 31/10/2018
Date of decision: 30/10/2018
Decided at meeting: 30/10/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/11/2018